Careers with RFCS WA
Thinking about a new direction?
The Rural Financial Counselling Service of Western Australia is currently expanding its services and is offering part time and full time employment opportunities in the Wheatbelt region. We encourage applicants with a broad experience in farming, finance and/or economics to apply. Gender diversity is important to Rural Financial Counselling Services WA and we offer a family friendly workplace with flexible work hours.
For more information or to request an EOI package, email email@example.com.
Who are we?
The Rural Financial Counselling Service WA is a community based, not for profit organisation funded by state and federal governments. Its services are independent, unbiased, confidential – and free to farmers and rural enterprises servicing them.
At RFCS WA, we constantly look ahead and push boundaries on how we can find solutions for our customers. The team across WA is committed to our vision of assisting rural people to manage industry change and challenges.
We make a difference
The RFCS uses proven business and financial tools that allows farmers under pressure take control of their situation to benefit their family and pursue their goals.
RFC services are delivered on-farm, by people with backgrounds across farming and complementary knowledge from a mixture of expertise that include financial/management/teaching/science and counseling expertise, to which they add specialist training which the RFCS provides. Service is hands-on, individual and ongoing as needed.
And the big fact is, it really makes a difference. People really do get control of their businesses and their lives and make them better – even when they start out thinking there is no hope.
Why our counsellors say they love working with the RFCS WA
Can you see yourself in this role? Here are the top five things our counsellors tell others about their job:
- Satisfaction. Working for the RFCS WA you will make a real difference to people’s lives, every day.
- Flexibility and variety. Working hours are flexible, you work from home and plan your own day, you visit clients on-farm so every day is different.
- Challenge. Working at RFCS challenges you to grow and develop your skill set, backed by excellent ongoing training and support. If you want to enrich yourself personally and professionally, this is a great job for you.
- People. This is a people job; it’s not about sales or money, it’s about helping people have good lives. As well as your clients, you’ll be part of a close and supportive team, backed by a strong organisation with good systems in place.
- Farming. This job is all about farming. If you want to maintain and grow a connection to farming, this could be perfect.
Preferred skills and experience within or across:
- Financial & business knowledge
- Working with people
- Understanding rural and remote community issues
- Working independently and as part of a team
- Tertiary qualifications